Fashion Week: Michael Kors goes on safari
By Samantha Critchell/AP Fashion Writer
NEW YORK — Pack your oversized, distressed leather bag: Michael Kors plans to take his customer on safari next spring.
The heavily textured, mostly muted-colored clothes Kors offered for women and men at his New York Fashion Week show Wednesday were inspired by the designer’s three safari trips to Africa.
“If I could, it would be my South Beach … you can go direct from Atlanta,” Kors joked backstage.
Kors told his models to step out on the runway like chic globe-trotters. “You are the most glamorous, sexy couple in safari history,” read a sign that hung right where the catwalkers lined up in position. “Brad and Angelina are jealous of you.”
For their adventures, Kors suggests a womenswear wardrobe of hand-dyed caftans, ponchos and serape-style wrap skirts, worn with cashmere henleys and animal-print maillot swimsuits. For something a little dressier, Kors sent out dresses made of feathers hand-painted like leopard skin, and a tiger-print duchesse trench coat.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients