Fashion Week: Nanette Lepore colors her world
NEW YORK (AP) — In a season full of color, Nanette Lepore’ss runway was one of the brightest of them all.
Each look Wednesday at the Lincoln Center tents was a more cheerful shade of tangerine, yellow or pink than the one before it. As she moved toward the finale, she mixed them all together in stripes.
All this was set to live music: Sam Bisbee and his five-piece band provided a nice change to the usual thumping runway music during the last seven days of spring previews for fashion editors, stylists and retailers.
Lepore wisely kept the rest of the silhouette crisp and clean, so there wasn’t too much going on. She favored full skirts and shorts, although there was a series of scuba-inspired, slim-fit dresses, or for a twist, there was a scuba top paired with a very feminine, more forgiving lilac-net skirt that had an orange underlayer peeking through.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients