Jason Wu to design for Target
Target’s super successful launch of its limited-edition Missoni collection will be followed by a collaboration with designer Jason Wu.
Wu is one of Michelle Obama’s favorite designers. Last week, the first lady was spotted shopping at Target. Her visit was probably a coincidence, but you’ve got to admit the timing was perfect.
Wu’s small collection, scheduled to land in stores in Feb. 5, will include apparel, handbags and scarves.
Obama wore some of Wu’s clothes during her husband’s campaign for president and then one of his designs to the inaugural balls of 2009.
Now the young designer will design for the masses.
“The exciting thing about this limited edition collection of affordable women’s wear and accessories is that it allows me to reach a wider audience and bring my designs to people who may not have been able to purchase them before,” Wu told Women’s Wear Daily.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients