Do-it-yourself gel nail manicures
I love gel nails for vacations. No chips, lasting shine and lasting color. Actually, I’ve only had one kind of gel manicure — CND’s Shellac. I have good nails so Shellac is not something I indulge in regularly.
Shellac has been available for about 18 months, so it was just a matter of time before similar products would be available over-the-counter. Well, they’re here. I noticed two different brands at Ulta.
The Red Carpet Manicure starter kit , at right, contains everything needed for a do-it-yourself gel manicure, including the portable LED light. The cost: $59.99. The company says the manicure will last up to three weeks.
Products also are sold individually. Pick from 36 nail polish colors.
Another product is Nutra Nail Gel Perfect UV-Free Gel-Color. It’s described as a hydbrid gel color that applies like a polish, protects nails with strength and shine, and doesn’t require curing from a UV light.
It costs $11.99 and is available in 12 colors.
Gel manicures cost anywhere from $25 to $40, depending on the salon, so if these products really work, a woman can save a lot of money.
Has anyone tried either of these do-it-yourself products? Share.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7150OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6514Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5059Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients