Do-it-yourself gel nail manicures
I love gel nails for vacations. No chips, lasting shine and lasting color. Actually, I’ve only had one kind of gel manicure — CND’s Shellac. I have good nails so Shellac is not something I indulge in regularly.
Shellac has been available for about 18 months, so it was just a matter of time before similar products would be available over-the-counter. Well, they’re here. I noticed two different brands at Ulta.
The Red Carpet Manicure starter kit , at right, contains everything needed for a do-it-yourself gel manicure, including the portable LED light. The cost: $59.99. The company says the manicure will last up to three weeks.
Products also are sold individually. Pick from 36 nail polish colors.
Another product is Nutra Nail Gel Perfect UV-Free Gel-Color. It’s described as a hydbrid gel color that applies like a polish, protects nails with strength and shine, and doesn’t require curing from a UV light.
It costs $11.99 and is available in 12 colors.
Gel manicures cost anywhere from $25 to $40, depending on the salon, so if these products really work, a woman can save a lot of money.
Has anyone tried either of these do-it-yourself products? Share.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients