Artist Jim Shore coming to Dillard's, Penn Square
Renowned designer and folk artist Jim Shore, known for his popular and collectible figurines, will be at Dillard’s, Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma City on Nov. 17.
He will greet customers from 1 to 4 p.m. and sign purchases from the event as well as those pre-sold for customers who cannot attend event day.
Shore’s innovative artistry is based on elements found in American folk art and quilting. His work includes the popular Heartwood Creek and Disney Traditions collections.
While growing up in rural South Carolina, Shore was surrounded by artistic inspiration. His parents instilled a love of the traditional values expressed in American folk art. His grandmother, a master quilter, taught him an appreciation for the patience and skill required to bring intricate designs to life.
His style combines elements of folk art and a vibrant color palette. Santas are a popular design, and he estimates he has designed more than 3,000 during his career.
Though he no longer sculpts each item, each piece is painstakingly hand-painted and finished by artists using folk art techniques developed by Shore.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8829How to help tornado victims
- 8583Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7041Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients