Emerald is Pantone's color of 2013
It has been at least three decades since emerald green was a hot hue. Now Pantone Color Institute has deemed it the color of 2013.
Described as a lively, radiant, lush rgreen, Pantone’s 17-5641 Emerald will no doubt color the fashion world just as last year’s Tangerine Tango did. Pantone said Tangerine Tango provided an energy boost and Emerald enhances our sense of well-being further by providing insight, as well as promoting balance and harmony.
Most often associated with brilliant, precious gemstones, the perception of Emerald is sophisticated and luxurious. Since antiquity, this luminous, magnificent hue has been the color of beauty and new life in many cultures and religions. It’s also the color of growth, renewal and prosperity – no other color conveys regeneration more than green.
“Green is the most abundant hue in nature – the human eye sees more green than any other color in the spectrum,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. “As it has throughout history, multifaceted Emerald continues to sparkle and fascinate. Symbolically, Emerald brings a sense of clarity, renewal and rejuvenation, which is so important in today’s complex world. This powerful and universally appealing tone translates easily to both fashion and home interiors.”
Emerald for Fashion
The prevalence of green has been steadily rising for several seasons, especially in the fashion and couture markets, and even on the red carpet. Emerald’s classic elegance makes for striking and irresistible evening clothes and everyday as well as accessories. Emerald also makes a strong statement in men’s sportswear, knitwear and ties.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3625Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3377Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3147Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients