Sears closing 120 stores; not even Kardashian Kollection brought in customers
Not even the new Kardashian Kollection could help.
Sears Holdings, the parent company for Kmart and Sears, barely let the holiday sales get counted before it announced the closing of 120 stores.
I admit that I rarely venture to Sears and almost never to Kmart since there isn’t one close. No doubt, Sears was hoping the Kardashians’ apparel and accessories collection, launched in August, would pull in all those reality show-watching fashionistas, but word is the clothes didn’t cause much of a stir.
Kmart’s new collection by actress Sofia Vergara, of the TV show “Modern Family,” isn’t flying off the shelves either.
Plenty of other stores have had success with their “star” collections — Jennifer Lopez, Dana Buchman, Vera Wang and Lauren Conrad at Kohl’s. Nicole Miller at JC Penney. Vera Wang at Zales and David’s Bridal. Target’s designer collaborations with Missoni and Alexander McQueen.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25098Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17202Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9497OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8681Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7965Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7715UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7025Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5941Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5360Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4404Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients