Sears closing 120 stores; not even Kardashian Kollection brought in customers
Not even the new Kardashian Kollection could help.
Sears Holdings, the parent company for Kmart and Sears, barely let the holiday sales get counted before it announced the closing of 120 stores.
I admit that I rarely venture to Sears and almost never to Kmart since there isn’t one close. No doubt, Sears was hoping the Kardashians’ apparel and accessories collection, launched in August, would pull in all those reality show-watching fashionistas, but word is the clothes didn’t cause much of a stir.
Kmart’s new collection by actress Sofia Vergara, of the TV show “Modern Family,” isn’t flying off the shelves either.
Plenty of other stores have had success with their “star” collections — Jennifer Lopez, Dana Buchman, Vera Wang and Lauren Conrad at Kohl’s. Nicole Miller at JC Penney. Vera Wang at Zales and David’s Bridal. Target’s designer collaborations with Missoni and Alexander McQueen.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5527Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5132Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4758Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients