Caroline Kennedy will no longer seek Senate seat
It looks like there won’t be any more Kennedy’s in the Senate this year.
Caroline Kennedy withdrew her name from consideration in replacing Hilary Clinton’s Senate spot.
Kennedy released a statement that said “I informed Governor Paterson today that for personal reasons I am withdrawing my name from consideration for the United States Senate,”
Gov. Paterson is expected to make his selection by Saturday. Clinton resigned from her Senate seat Jan. 21 after she was confirmed for the position of secretary of state.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4051Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3988Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3664As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients