Ashlee Simpson defends Jessica Simpson’s weight gain
Ashlee Simpson wrote a statement on her blog that said “I am completely disgusted by the headlines concerning my sister’s weight. Since when did a woman’s weight become newsworthy. A week after the inauguration and with such a feeling of hope in the air for our country, I find it completely embarrassing and belittling to all women to read about a woman’s weight or figure.”
“All women come in different shapes, sizes, and forms and just because you’re a celebrity, there shouldn’t be a different standard. How can we expect teenage girls to love and respect themselves in an environment where we criticize a size 2 figure? Now can we focus on the things that really matter.”
I agree with every word Ashlee said. Yes, Jessica gained a few pounds, but so what? She’s still skinny to me. She might not weigh 100 pounds anymore, but that’s okay.
Her boyfriend Tony Romo doesn’t seem to care about weight, so no one else should either. Besides, everyone’s weight fluctuates from time to time, including mine.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3664George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3376Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3309Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients