Does George W. Bush care about black people?
Does former President Bush care about black people? His former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said that he does.
After seeing the thousands of mostly black New Orleans residents stranded for days following Hurricane Katrina and the government doing nothing to help, hip hop star Kanye West famously said “GEORGE BUSH DOESN’T CAREY ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE” during a live televised fundraising event.
West’s comments were repeatedly aired on nearly every newscast in the country, which helped open up a dialogue about race.
During a recent appearance on ABC’s “The View,” Condoleezza Rice told the ladies it makes her angry when people make those comments about the president.
Watch the short clip below.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4779Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4600Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4155Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients