Tom Daschle withdraws from cabinet nomation
Tom Daschle is no longer a prospect for President Barack Obama’s cabinet post.
Daschle withdrew his name from the nomination for secretary of health and human services.
Daschle was under fire for failing to pay $128,000 in back taxes. (He claims it was an innocent mistake).
This is the second time one of Obama’s cabinet nominees has faced tax trouble. Timothy Geithner was scrutinized when he failed to pay $26,000 in back social security and Medicare taxes.
The Senate confirmed Geithner anyway as treasury secretary last month.
If I can afford to pay my taxes on my minimum wage salary, then why is it so hard for wealthy people to pay their taxes?
Obama should do a better job investigating his cabinet nominees.
As president of the United States, it shouldn’t be difficult for him to pick up the phone and ask an IRS agent which nominee has paid their taxes and which haven’t.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients