Etta James disses Beyonce
It appears singer Etta James is no fan of Beyonce’s. In fact, she said she can’t stand her.
Here’s the backstory. Beyonce portrayed Etta James in the film “Cadillac Records” and she remade Etta’s classic song “At Last” for the movie and the soundtrack.
Beyonce has been singing “At Last” everywhere since the film was released.
When she performed that song during Barack Obama’s inaugural ball, it rubbed Etta the wrong way.
During a recent concert, she slammed Beyonce for performing her song. She even threatened to whip her rear end.
She said “That women he had singing for him, singing my song, she gon get her (explicative) whipped. I can’t stand Beyonce. She had no business up there singing my song that I been singing forever.”
It sounds like Etta might be a little jealous because she wasn’t invited to sing during any of the inaugural festivities.
Click here to listen to the audio tape obtained by TMZ.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4061As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3840Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3249Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients