Etta James said comments about Beyonce were a joke
Etta James said she was only joking when she dissed Beyonce during a concert in Seattle.
James told the New York Daily News, “I didn’t really mean anything. Even as a little child, I’ve always had that comedian kind of attitude. That’s probably what went into it. Nobody was getting mad at me in Seattle. They were all laughing, and it was funny.”
During the concert, James told the audience “That women he had singing for him, singing my song, she gon get her (explicative) whipped. I can’t stand Beyonce. She had no business up there singing my song that I been singing forever.”
She was referring to how Beyonce sang a remake of Etta’s song ”At Last” during Barack Obama’s inauguration ball.
I don’t believe Etta was joking whatsoever. I think she meant what she said. In case you haven’t heard the audiotape, click here to listen and decide for yourself if you think she was joking.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients