Clay Aiken loses record deal
Season two American Idol contestant Clay Aiken and his record company RCA Records have broken up.
According to Billboard, Aiken and the record lable went their separate ways after his latest album “On My Way There” only sold 159,000 copies since it was released in May 2008.
Aiken placed second during season two of American Idol. He lost to Ruben Studdard.
Placing second on the popular talent show doesn’t necesarily translate into success.
Justin Guarini placed second on season one, Katherine McPhee placed second on season five, Blake Lewis placed second on season six, Bo Bice placed second on season four, Taylor Hicks placed first on season five and Ruben Studdard won season two.
Yet, all of them eventually lost their record deals.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6132Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5722Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5312Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients