Comedian Mo’Nique says she was molested by her brother
In the October issue of Essence magazine, comedian and actress Mo’Nique reveals that she was sexually molested by her older brother when she was 7-years-old.
She said her brother would lure her in the bathroom using candy, and he molested her four times during a 4-year period.
The sad part is that she said her parents really didn’t do much when she told them what was going on.
In the article Mo’Nique said, “My father was very upset, but it never got mentioned again. I’ll never forget my mother saying, ‘If it’s true, it will surface again,’ and I remember thinking, ‘Why would I lie? Why is there even an if in this?’ I was angry with them for so long, because I felt as if they should have seen what was happening.”
Mo’Nique’s brother eventually served 15 years in prison for molesting another girl.
She said her brother so far has showed no remorsed. She said, “He still acts like he doesn’t know what I’m talking about. So screw hurting your feelings. You need to get your feelings hurt, and you need to get some help.”
I know this was a difficult subject for Mo’Nique to come forward and talk about, and she should be commended for coming forward and telling her story to let other victims know that they are not alone.
Hopefully, her brother will get some help. Either he seeks lifelong treatment, or he should be locked up for the rest of his life.
Mo’Nique is best known for “It’s Showtime at the Apollo,” “The Parkers” “Phat Girlz” and most recently “Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins” starring Martin Lawrence.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients