Aretha Franklin is feuding with Tina Turner
Two legendary divas, Aretha Franklin and Tina Turner, are feuding with each other.
Here’s the background info…. It all started back in February during the Grammy’s. Tina Turner performed during the show, and when Beyonce was introducing Tina, she referred to Tina as “the queen.”
Everyone knows that Aretha Franklin is known as “the queen of soul,” so Aretha was upset with Beyonce for calling Tina “the queen.”
After the Grammy’s telecast, Aretha released a statement saying, “I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyonce, however I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy. In addition to that, I thank the Grammys and the voting academy for my 20th Grammy and love to Beyonce anyway.”
Beyonce’s father and manager Matthew Knowles responded to Aretha’s comments by saying, “As a manager I am not taking something this ridiculous to Beyonce. Beyonce referred to Tina Turner as a queen. Not queen of gospel, queen of soul, queen of blues, Queen of England. I consider my wife a queen and sometimes call her that. Does Aretha have a problem with that?”
In an interview with USA Today newspaper this week, Tina Turner finally commented on the situation.
Tina said Aretha is “the queen of soul, and I’m the queen of rock and roll. There were so many kings and queens there that night. Her ego must be so big to think she was the only one. That’s how queens are!”
When Aretha heard this statement, she released a statement of her own to USA Today this week.
Aretha said Tina was “clearly was talking about herself. I never figured her to resort to tacky press just to sell a few tickets. I really had put her in a different class — higher than that. No one has been more gracious … to their peers than I have, and I am confident and secure enough to do so, unlike some others.”
Here’s my take on the situation. Aretha is acting like a spoiled brat. Yes, Aretha we know you are the Queen of Soul. But that doesn’t mean that you have copyright ownership of the word “Queen.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17023OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 16448Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12708Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12580Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9471Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7819Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7691Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7125Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6963Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6749Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients