Most admired men and women in America
A USA Today Gallup that was released this week ranks the most admired men America. It’s no surprise that President-Elect Barack Obama came in first place in the male category.
What’s most shocking is that President George W. Bush still came in second place despite a terrible economy and an unpopular war.
In the female category, our future Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton was ranked number one. She has been ranked number one 13 times during the past 16 years.
The most shocking thing about this category is that Sarah Palin outranked Oprah Winfrey.
Most Admired Men in America
1. Barack Obama – 32 percent
2. George W. Bush – 5 percent
3. John McCain – 3 percent
4. (tie) Bill Clinton, Pope Benedict XVI and Billy Graham – 2 percent
Most Admired Women in America
1. Hillary Clinton – 20 percent
2. Sarah Palin – 11 percent
3. Oprah Winfrey – 8 percent
4. Condoleezza Rice – 7 percent
5. Michelle Obama – 3 percent
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 82236Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32719Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 31236Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 27663Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24708Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8346Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7879Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7784Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7479Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7384Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients