Michelle Williams drops Beyonce's father
R&B singer Michelle Williams announced she is parting ways with Matthew Knowles as her manager.
Knowles is the father of Beyonce. Williams sang alongside Beyonce and Kelly Rowland as members of the popular group Destiny’s Child during the 1990s and 2000s.
Williams released a statement to Black Voices Web site that said “I have decided to part ways from my management team, Mathew Knowles and Music World Entertainment. From my time in Destiny’s Child to my solo career, I am grateful for everything Mathew and his team has done for me. We’ve shared great success together. However, as I move in a new direction in my career, I felt it was time. I wish Mathew Knowles and the Music World Entertainment family all the best,”
A year ago, Rowland also parted ways with Knowles. Does that mean Beyonce will be the next to leave? Probably not. So far, Beyonce has chosen to stay with her father who guided her career to super stardom.
While Knowles was helping Beyonce become superstar, it seems he left Williams and Rowland on the back burner. When Destiny’s Child disbanded in 2006, Knowles helped Beyonce’s career prosper, while Williams and Knowles received little attention, if any.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24778Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14485Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10221UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9929Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 8118Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7280Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6506Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6361Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6228Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5696OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients