Michelle Williams drops Beyonce's father
R&B singer Michelle Williams announced she is parting ways with Matthew Knowles as her manager.
Knowles is the father of Beyonce. Williams sang alongside Beyonce and Kelly Rowland as members of the popular group Destiny’s Child during the 1990s and 2000s.
Williams released a statement to Black Voices Web site that said “I have decided to part ways from my management team, Mathew Knowles and Music World Entertainment. From my time in Destiny’s Child to my solo career, I am grateful for everything Mathew and his team has done for me. We’ve shared great success together. However, as I move in a new direction in my career, I felt it was time. I wish Mathew Knowles and the Music World Entertainment family all the best,”
A year ago, Rowland also parted ways with Knowles. Does that mean Beyonce will be the next to leave? Probably not. So far, Beyonce has chosen to stay with her father who guided her career to super stardom.
While Knowles was helping Beyonce become superstar, it seems he left Williams and Rowland on the back burner. When Destiny’s Child disbanded in 2006, Knowles helped Beyonce’s career prosper, while Williams and Knowles received little attention, if any.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients