Missing Paula Abdul on American Idol
Oh wait. Paula Abdul isn’t there anymore. That’s what is missing. I’ve been a fan of the show for several years, and Paula made the show more interesting.
I’ve enjoyed watching Paula get into heated arguments with Simon Cowell.
I got used to seeing Paula on the judge’s panel appearing to be high on prescription medication.
Seriously, there were days when Paula appeared so high on the show that she made Courtney Love look like a sober woman. That’s no easy feat.
Also, we all remember that scandal that occurred when season two contestant Corey Clark accused Paula of having a sexual relationship with him while he was competing on the show. (Paula denied all accusations, of course).
Those factors contributed to the show’s success, in my opinion.
Now that Paula resigned from “American Idol,” talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has been named as a replacement.
Ellen will begin appearing on the show sometime next month. She is a funny comedian. But unless Ellen brings her hot wife Portia de Rossi on the show too, I have no interest in watching her.
Maybe the changes in the judge’s panel will grow on me as the season progresses, and I’m sure the ratings won’t suffer in Paula’s absence. But I just wish Paula was still there.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients