Shirley Murdock is returning to secular music
Gospel singer Shirley Murdock is returning to secular music. Murdock told the Black Voices Web site, that she will record an R&B album.
This will be her first non-gospel album in nearly 20 years. Murdock became famous in the 1980s with popular R&B ballads such as “Go On Without You” and the cheaters anthem “As We Lay.”
Since then, Murdock left secular music behind and she began recording gospel albums and appearing in gospel plays. There’s nothing wrong with gospel music. I’m a fan myself. But I’m glad she’s returning to her R&B roots.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients