Kelly Rowland left her record label
Former Destiny’s Child singer Kelly Rowland has reportedly left her record label Columbia Records.
Rowland’s latest album “Ms. Kelly” was considered a commercial flop, and the record label no longer considers her to be commercially viable.
Ironically, Rowland dropped Beyonce’s father Matthew Knowles as her manager two months ago. (Click here for more info on her split with Knowles).
Rowland had much success as a member of the R&B group Destiny’s Child alongside Beyonce and Michelle Williams.
Since the group broke up, Rowland has failed to reach the same level of success as Beyonce, which might be part of the reason she was let go from her record label.
However, Rowland has had success in movies. She had a major role in the 2003 horror flick “Freddy vs. Jason” which made $115 million at the box office worldwide.
Maybe she should take on more acting roles since her music career isn’t panning out.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3637Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3548Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3516As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients