Paula Abdul was addicted to painkillers
It always appeared like she was under the influence of something, and she would sometimes slur her words. Rumors began circulating that she was high on drugs or something.
At the time, Paula denied those allegations. But now, she’s coming clean.
In the latest issue of Home Journal magazine, Paula reveals that she used to be addicted to painkillers. She said, “I could have killed myself. Withdrawal- it’s the worst thing.”
She said she went to rehab in California six months ago to deal with her addiction. She said “I was freezing cold, then sweating hot, then chattering and in so much pain, it was excruciating. But at my very core, I did not like existing the way I had been.”
Paula said she was taking painkillers to cope with various back and neck injuries she sustained during her career as a performer.
Paula created controvery a few years ago, when she appeared to be under the influence of something while she was giving a television. The clip of her odd behavior is posted below.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3956Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3349Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3325Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients