Why Michael Jackson didn't like his father
Everyone knows Michael Jackson always loved his mother Katherine. He always spoke highly of her during interviews and even trusted her to take care of his children (according to his will).
However, when it came to his father Joe Jackson, Michael always showed resentment toward him. He accused Joe of beating him up when he was child, and he even left him out of the will.
During his later years, Michael didn’t grant many interviews. But back in 1993 during a televised interview with Oprah Winfrey, Michael discussed why he didn’t like his father.
Excerpts from the interview are posted below.
Michael: Yes, and I had pimples so badly it used to make me so shy. I used not to look at myself. I’d hide my face in the dark, I wouldn’t want to look in the mirror and my father teased me and I just hated it and I cried everyday.
Michael: Yes and tell me I’m ugly.
Oprah: Your father would say that?
Michael: Yes he would. Sorry Joseph.
Oprah: What’s your relationship like with him?
Michael: I love my father but I don’t know him.
Oprah: Are you angry with him for doing that? I think that’s pretty cruel actually.
Michael: Am I angry with him?
Oprah: Because adolescence is hard enough without a parent telling you that you’re ugly.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 9407How to help tornado victims
- 8455Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8294Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients