Kelly Clarkson doesn't approve of her new song
Pop singer Kelly Clarkson released her new music video this week titled “Already Gone.”
However, the singer said she fought with her record company because she didn’t want the song released as a single.
She felt like the song was too similar to Beyonce’s song “Halo.”
Ryan Tedder, from One Republic, gave Beyonce and Kelly the exact same track to write to. Kelly said when she became aware of this, it was too late to delete the song from the album because it had already been shipped.
In an interview with the New York Post, Kelly said, “No one’s gonna be sittin’ at home, thinking ‘Man, Ryan Tedder gave Beyoncé and Kelly the same track to write to. No, they’re just gonna be saying I ripped someone off. ”
“I fought and fought to stop it but couldn’t. In the end, they’re releasing it without my consent. It sucks, but it’s one of those things I have no control over. I already made my album. At this point, the record company can do whatever they want with it. It’s kind of a sh***y situation, but you know, you learn.”
The video clip is posted below.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8457Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients