Jermaine Jackson criticizes brother Michael Jackson
Before Michael died, Jermaine wrote a book proposal about Michael. The title of the book was going to be “Legacy.”
MSNBC obtained excerpts from the book proposal written by Jermaine.
Jermaine wrote “”My brother is not what the world thinks he is; he’s not what we’ve always told you he was either. My brother is a superstar, yes. My brother is wealthy. He owns shares in Sony music. He drinks, he does drugs, he lies, he cheats, he changed his skin color and mostly, he’s human.”
Of course, Jermaine has no plans of releasing the book now that Michael has died.
Jermaine was originally the lead singer of the Jackson 5 until Michael took over in 1968.
Jermaine pursued a solo career after the group disbanded, but he never reached the level of musical success as Michael.
Also, Jermaine released a song in 1991 titled “Word to the Badd,” where he criticized Michael in the lyrics.
Maybe Jermaine was telling the truth in his book proposal, or maybe he exaggerated because he was jealous of Michael stealing the spotlight from him, or maybe it was sibling rivalry.
Too bad we won’t get to read the entire book.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5884Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5788Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 5685OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients