Elton John adoption request denied
Angelina Jolie can adopt a hundred orphan kids, but singer Elton John cannot.
According to the Associated Press, Ukraine’s minister denied Elton and his male partner’s bid to adopt 1-year-old Ukrainian child.
The reason? Elton is too old, and he is not in a traditional marriage with his male partner David Furnish.
The child they wanted to adopt is infected with the HIV AIDS virus living in a hospital.
Although Elton and his partner married during a civil union ceremony in the United Kingdom, the Ukraine doesn’t recognize homosexual unions, so Elton’s request denied.
Sadly, that poor HIV-infected boy will have to continue living in an orphanage because the decision-maker doesn’t want him living with two men.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients