Jay-Z breaks Elvis Presley's record
Rapper and entrepreneur Jay-Z is the new king of albums.
When Jay-Z’s new CD “Blueprint 3″ landed at number one on the Billboard charts this week, he set a record for having the most number one albums by a solo artist–pulling ahead of the legendary Elvis Presley, according to Billboard magazine.
Jay-Z now has 11 number one albums under his belt.
“Blueprint 3″ sold 476,000 copies when it debuted Wednesday, and it’s expected to keep the number one spot next week.
The rapper is currently preparing for his upcoming college concert tour. Click here to view the tour dates.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients