Morris Chestnut, Jennifer Holliday to attend Langston University gala
A Hollywood actor and a singer will be the featured guests during a gala to raise money for scholarships and to honor those who made significant contributions to Langston University.
The fourth annual scholarship gala will be at 8 p.m. Oct. 16 in the grand ballroom at the Cox Convention Center, 1 Myriad Gardens. A pre-gala reception will begin at 7 p.m.
Tickets to the gala are $100, and the reservation deadline is Oct. 13. Proceeds will go toward scholarships at the university, spokeswoman Ashley Gibson said.
More than $350,000 was raised during three previous galas, Gibson said.
Gov. Brad Henry, Cynthia M.A. Butler-McIntyre and Mary Johnson will be honored at the gala.
Butler-McIntyre is the president of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., and Johnson is a Langston University booster.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3568Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3561Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3556How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients