50 Cent clarifies comments about "gay tour"
Hip hop star 50 Cent clarified comments he made regarding Kanye West’s and Lady Gaga’s tour (which is now cancelled).
During an interview with hostess Angie Martinez on the Hot 97 radio station in New York, 50 Cent said Kanye is “cool with the gay folk. I have nothing against them, but he’s cool with them. He goes, drops his video off to them. Remember 808s & Heartbreak? Where’d he premiere it? The Ellen DeGeneres Show. He went there to premiere his video. He’s conscious of the gay community and wants them to buy his CDs.”
Some members of the gay community were upset that 50 Cent tried to make fun of Kanye’s connection to gay people. So, 50 Cent later released a statement on his Web site to clarify his comments.
The statement says “During an interview with Angie Martinez yesterday, certain comments I made were taken entirely out of context. When I referred to the Lady Gaga tour as ‘the gay tour,’ I was basically repeating what I thought she had referred to the tour in the past. It was not my intention to offend anyone. I don’t have a problem with anyone’s lifestyle and have no issue with Lady Gaga. She makes great music.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients