Man hits Leona Lewis in the head
Pop singer Leona Lewis was hit in the head Wednesday (Oct. 14) while she was signing autographs for fans.
The 24-year-old was hit by a man at a bookstore while she was promoting the release of her autobiography.
Her publicist issued a statement on Facebook that said “Leona was the victim of an unprovoked attack this afternoon at her book signing. The police were called immediately and medical attention has been sought. Leona is understandably shaken and apologises to the fans she was unable to meet and complete signings.”
According to the Associated Press, a 29-year-old man was taken into police custody, and his motive is unknown.
Lewis became famous in 2006 when she won the U.K. talent show “X Factor,” which is similar to “American Idol.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5124Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5057Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4620UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients