Abuse was not Rihanna's fault
R&B singers Rihanna and Chris Brown recently appeared on television interviews to discuss the fight that occurred between them.
I’m referring to the fight in February that left Rihanna’s face bloodied and bruised while Brown received probation and a community service sentence.
Rihanna appeared on “Good Morning America” and “20/20″ to discuss the altercation, and Brown was on MTV apologizing for his actions.
Meanwhile, members of Brown’s camp, including his friends and dancers have been using their Twitter pages to insinuate Rihanna is lying.
His backup dancer posted the following tweet: “I wish dancers can speak about things that really go on. I can not believe this. Let me just say Chris Brown was pushed to the extreme. Her people made her do this interview for two reasons–album sales and to try an kill Chris’ career.”
I’ve written numerous blog posts about the Brown and Rihanna incident, and I have been disturbed by the number of emails and comments I’ve received from readers who tell me “Rihanna deserved to be beaten up,” or ”It was Rihanna’s fault” or ”Rihanna brought it on herself.”
Before you make those types of statements, think about this. What if your mother was bloodied and beaten by her boyfriend? Would you say your mother deserved it?… What if your sister was bloodied and beaten up by her boyfriend? Would you say your sister deserved it?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3630College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3354Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients