Abuse was not Rihanna's fault
R&B singers Rihanna and Chris Brown recently appeared on television interviews to discuss the fight that occurred between them.
I’m referring to the fight in February that left Rihanna’s face bloodied and bruised while Brown received probation and a community service sentence.
Rihanna appeared on “Good Morning America” and “20/20″ to discuss the altercation, and Brown was on MTV apologizing for his actions.
Meanwhile, members of Brown’s camp, including his friends and dancers have been using their Twitter pages to insinuate Rihanna is lying.
His backup dancer posted the following tweet: “I wish dancers can speak about things that really go on. I can not believe this. Let me just say Chris Brown was pushed to the extreme. Her people made her do this interview for two reasons–album sales and to try an kill Chris’ career.”
I’ve written numerous blog posts about the Brown and Rihanna incident, and I have been disturbed by the number of emails and comments I’ve received from readers who tell me “Rihanna deserved to be beaten up,” or ”It was Rihanna’s fault” or ”Rihanna brought it on herself.”
Before you make those types of statements, think about this. What if your mother was bloodied and beaten by her boyfriend? Would you say your mother deserved it?… What if your sister was bloodied and beaten up by her boyfriend? Would you say your sister deserved it?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients