Comedian accused of stealing jewelry
We all know the economic downturn has affected many professions, including newspaper organizations and car manufacturers.
I guess the gloomy economy is also affecting the stand-up comedy industry–especially when comedians begin stealing.
Comedian Katt Williams was arrested on a burglary and trespassing complaint Sunday near Atlanta, according to the Associated Press. He was accused of breaking into some one’s home and stealing $3,555 worth of jewelry and collectible coins.
The home belonged to the music producer Barry Hankerson. Hankerson is the ex-husband of Gladys Knight and the uncle of the late R&B singer Aaliyah.
Williams denied the accusations, and he told the judge it was “a misunderstanding between me and two stupid detectives,” according to the Associated Press.
He also said he was staying at Hankerson’s home because he was filming a movie about President Obama.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients