American Idol winner Kris Allen overshadowed by Adam Lambert
The 2009 ”American Idol” champion Kris Allen released his self-titled debut album today (Nov. 17). Many people might not have known he was even releasing an album.
Although Allen was victorious on “American Idol” earlier this year, he didn’t receive a substantial amount of media attention after his win. It wasn’t because he lacked talent. It was because he lacked shock value. Allen is plain, average and simple.
Which explains why he has been overshadowed by Adam Lambert, the “American Idol” runner-up. Lambert appears to be a magnet for the camera.
As a result, numerous magazines were racing to put him on the cover and land interviews with him. Meanwhile, Allen was an after thought. Entertainment journalists ignored him and focused on Lambert because he was more shocking.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8389Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7225Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7117Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients