The Grammy award nominations
The Grammy award nominations were announced Wednesday night, and Beyonce and Taylor Swift received the most nominations (no surprise there).
Beyonce leads the pack with 10 nominations, while Swift earned eight nominations.
Other nominees include Carrie Underwood, The Black Eyed Peas, Martina McBride, George Strait, Jay-Z, Jamie Foxx, Trey Songz, T-Pain, Lady Gaga, Maxwell, Kings of Leon, Flo Rida, Keri Hilson, Pink, Katie Perry, Kelly Clarkson, U2, Coldplay, Green Day, Bon Jovi, T.I., Ciara, Justin Timberlake, Jason Mraz, Drake, Eminem, Fabolous, Beastie Boys, Kanye West, Rihanna, Ne-Yo, Kid Cudi, Lee Ann Woman, Keith Urban and Rascal Flatts.
Most notably absent from the list of nominees is rapper Lil Wayne. He had a great year in 2009. He dominated the music charts and radio airplay this year, and I’m surprised he wasn’t even nominated.
The Grammys will air Jan. 31 on the CBS network. Click here for a full list of categories and nominees.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7081Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5938Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5914Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients