Whitney Houston goes platinum
Many critics said she couldn’t do it, but Whitney Houston proved the naysayers wrong. Her latest album titled “I Look To You” has reached platinum status, selling more than one-million copies.
During the past decade, Houston’s life was occupied by drug use and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown. Houston’s previous two albums titled “Just Whitney” and “One Wish” were considered a flop because those albums failed to produce any hit songs.
After being a target for the tabloids and media gossip, Houston’s comeback seemed gloomy. Many people said her career was over with. But during a six-year hiatus from the public eye, Houston began putting the pieces of her life back together. She went to rehab, and she even divorced Brown.
Houston will embark on a European tour next year, but it’s unknown whether she will tour in the U.S. Although she was overlooked by the Grammy’s, Houston was honored last month with the International Artist Awards at the 37th annual American Music Awards.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients