Judge dismisses assault charge against gospel singer
A judge gave gospel singer BeBe Winans an early Christmas present. The singer was cleared of any wrongdoing regarding a domestic abuse charge.
The singer was accused of assaulting his wife by shoving her to the ground. However, a judge dismissed all charges Dec. 4. Winans released a statement that said “Even though this allegation has affected not just me, but also the entire Winans family, my children and certain aspects of my career, I chose to stay quiet because I knew the truth. To be exonerated of all charges shows the power of trusting in God, and is a wonderful Christmas gift for me and my children.”
I think the allegations were a stain on Winans reputation because he was a renowned gospel singer. Even Oprah Winfrey distanced herself from the singer. Winans was scheduled to appear on her show, but Winfrey canceled his appearance due to the pending abuse allegations.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients