Tyler Perry's mother died, she inspired the Madea character
The woman who inspired film director Tyler Perry to dress up as an old lady has died. His mother, Willie Maxine Perry, died Tuesday at the age of 64. her cause of death is unknown.
The film director posted the message on his Web site, and he thanked everyone for their prayers. Tyler Perry portrayed the Madea character in various films including “Madea Goes To Jail,” “Madea’s Family Reunion,” “Madea Goes To Jail” and “I Can Do Bad All By Myself.”
His films with the Madea character grossed more than $256 million at the box office. He frequently said his mother was the inspiration behind the Madea character.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients