Will Smith's son to star in "The Karate Kid" remake
Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s son Jaden Smith will star in a remake of the “Karate Kid” movie. Jaden will play the karate kid, and veteran actor Jackie Chan will play the instructor.
If you’re wondering how 11-year-old Jaden landed that big role, his parents (Will and Jada) are serving as the film’s producers.
Nepotism probably was a factor when it came to casting the role, but Jaden has proven himself to be a talented child star.
He starred alongside his dad in the 2006 film “The Pursuit of Happyness,” and he acted with Keanu Reeves in the 2008 alien movie ”The Day The Earth Stood Still.”
Jaden was a convincible actor in those two films, but can he pull of ”The Karate Kid” role? That question will be answered June 11 when the movie hits theaters. Jaden has big shoes to fill because “The Karate Kid” movies are considered cult classics of the 1980s.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26517Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16984Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9163UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8469Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7839Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7354OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6545Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6151Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 5942Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5445Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients