Oral Roberts dead at age 91
Oral Roberts, arguably the most well-known evangelist from Oklahoma, has died. He was 91.
U.S. Rep. Mary Fallin, R-Oklahoma City: I am saddened by the passing of Oral Roberts. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones. He touched many lives not only in Oklahoma but throughout the world. I had the privilege to know Mr. Roberts personally and remember praying with him on ORU’s campus. He signed a note in my Bible that will always remind me of his strength and devotion to God and Country.
Gov. Brad Henry: Oklahoma and the nation have lost a truly remarkable man of God. The influence and impact of Oral Roberts and his ministry are beyond measure. His faith, compassion and charity have left a legacy that will be felt for generations to come. Our thoughts and prayers are with Rev. Roberts’ family and loved ones during this difficult time.
Mark Rutland, Oral Roberts University president: “The Oral Roberts University family was deeply saddened to hear about the passing of our dear Chancellor, Oral Roberts. Chancellor Roberts was one of the brilliant spiritual lights of the 20th century and a giant of the Christian faith. At the core of his legacy is a great university that bears his name. Like millions world wide, I am mourning his passing and am grateful for his visionary life and contributions.”
Kenneth Hagin Jr., Broken Arrow evangelist, head of Kenneth Hagin Ministries, Rhema Bible Church and Rhema Bible Training Center in Broken Arrow: Oral Roberts has always been a role model for me and other ministers. He was a great man of God and only eternity will reveal all the great influence he has had on the kingdom of God. He had a powerful, anointed ministry. He was a powerful man of God who obviously had an anointing.
Roberts and his ministry advanced the teachings of Christ in ways we will never fully understand. Rev. Roberts was a pioneer in Christian higher education and his namesake university has become an Oklahoma landmark.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6132Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5722Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5312Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients