SYTYCD choreographer Shane Sparks accused of child molestation
MTV and Fox network executives should probably start looking for another judge and choreographer.
Choreographer Shane Sparks was arrested and charged with multiple felony counts of child molestation. Sparks was arrested and released on $590,000 bail.
Sparks is a judge alongside rapper Lil Mama and N’Sync singer J.C. Chasez on the MTV dance competition show “America’s Best Dance Crew.” He is also a choreographer on “So You Think You Can Dance.”
According to a court affidavit obtained by TMZ, a girl is accusing Sparks of molesting her in 1994 and 1995 when she was under the age of 14. Sparks was in his mid-20s when the alleged incidents occurred.
Sparks’ attorney told reporters his client is innocent of all charges. He said the accusations are false, and they are part of an extortion attempt.
I’m not sure whether he’s guilty or innocent. Regardless, his career is pretty much over. Any child molestation allegation is crippling to anyone’s livelihood regardless of the outcome in court.
Sparks has choreographed dance routines for Lindsay Lohan, Aaliyah and Monica, among others. He also choreographed the dances for the film “You Got Served.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24594Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16991Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10679OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9258Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7390UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6889Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5783Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5259Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4425Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients