Balloon Boy's parents sentenced to jail for hoax
The Balloon Boy Family will finally pay the piper for that hoax they initiated two months ago when the lead authorities to believe their son was in a flying balloon.
Richard Heene, also known as Balloon Boy’s father, was sentenced Wednesday to 90 days in jail by a Colorado judge. His wife, Mayumi Heene, will spend 20 days in jail.
A prosecutor is also trying to force the family to pay more than $40,000 in restitution because that’s how much it cost for the search-and-rescue effort. I agree with the judge’s decision on this case.
This couple had everyone terrified and glued to their television screen when it was believed their son was floating in a balloon by himself in Colorado. The Heene family was hoping the publicity stunt would lead to a reality show.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3630College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3354Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients