Brother says Simon Cowell will leave American Idol
First, we lost Paula Abdul as a judge on “American Idol.” Now, it looks like we’re going to lose Simon Cowell soon.
Simon’s brother Tony Cowell said Simon will leave “American Idol” at the end of 2010. His brother Tony made the revelation on his podcast titled “The Cowell Factor.”
The Associated Press story is posted below via NewsOK.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Simon Cowell’s brother says the next season of “American Idol” will be the judge’s last.
Tony Cowell said in his weekly podcast, “The Cowell Factor,” that a statement was being prepared that would certify that the acerbic British judge was leaving the popular Fox signing competition at the end of 2010.
Simon Cowell will concentrate on bringing his popular U.K. talent show “The X Factor” to the U.S. next year, his brother said on the Saturday podcast, which has since been removed.
“Meanwhile, Simon prepares for a new season of ‘Idol,’ or should I say, his last season of ‘Idol,’” Cowell’s older brother said. “A press statement is being prepared which will confirm what everybody expected: Simon will leave ‘Idol’ at the end of 2010 to concentrate on bringing the American version of ‘X Factor’ to U.S. TV in 2011.”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients