Charlie Sheen accused of assaulting wife
A woman who identified herself as the wife of Charlie Sheen said in a 911 call to Aspen police that the actor threatened her with a knife and that she feared for her life.
Police released the audio of the call on Monday, three days after Sheen was arrested on suspicion of menacing, second-degree assault and criminal mischief. Authorities haven’t identified the accuser, but the woman on the 911 call says her name is Brooke and that her husband is Charlie Sheen. Sheen is married to Brooke Mueller Sheen.
The woman can be heard weeping and sometimes her words are inaudible. At one point she says, “My husband had me (inaudible) with um, with a knife, and (inaudible) he threatened me.” Later, she says, “I thought I was gonna die for one hour.”
An ambulance was sent to the house but police say no one was taken to the hospital.
The 44-year-old Charlie Sheen is free on $8,500 bond. His lawyer and his agent didn’t immediately return calls on Monday.
Sheen stars in CBS’ “Two and a Half Men.”
Chief Deputy District Attorney Arnold Mordkin said Monday the menacing charge is the most serious, usually carrying a sentence of two to eight years in prison and a fine of $2,000 to $500,000. Mordkin said Sheen’s next court appearance is Feb. 8, and no decision on whether to prosecute him is expected until shortly before that.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients