Lil Wayne's sentencing postponed due to courthouse fire
Luck was on rapper Lil Wayne’s side again today. The rapper was not sentenced to jail today as expected.
A judge was supposed to hand down a jail sentence to Lil Wayne today for a weapons conviction, but the sentencing hearing was canceled due to a fire at the courthouse.
A fire occurred in the boiler room at Manhattan’s Criminal Court causing the lobby to fill with smoke. The remaining cases on the court docket were postponed, including Lil Wayne’s hearing.
Lil Wayne was originally supposed to be sentenced during a hearing last month, but the judge agreed to delay it so the rapper can undergo some dental work.
First it was dental work that delayed Lil Wayne’s sentencing, and now it’s a fire that ‘s causing the delay. What will it be next? A terror threat?
The sooner Lil Wayne can begin serving his sentence, the sooner he can be released and get back on stage to perform his catchy songs for all of us hip hop fans.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36375Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32316Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24292Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 8069Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6178OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3621College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3359Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3278Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3188Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3141George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients