Precious is big winner at Independent Spirit Awards
The film “Precious” dominated the Independent Spirit Awards last night (March 5). The awards show honors independent movies.
“Precious” won five awards including best director for Lee Daniels, best leading actress for Gabourey Sidibe and best supporting actress for Mo’Nique.
The non “Precious” winners included Jeff Bridges, Lone Scherfig, Sacha Gervasi and Woody Harrelson.
Several celebrities attended the ceremony including Mariah Carey, Lenny Kravitz, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Ben Stiller, Taraji P. Henson, Jodie Foster, Dave Grohl, Ethan Hawke, Matt Dillon and Laura Dern.
A photo gallery is posted below. Click on the Associated Press images to enlarge them.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5063Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4898Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4189'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients