Mo'Nique wins Oscar for best supporting actress
Mo’Nique won the Oscar for best supporting actress. She won for her role in the film “Precious,” in which she plays an abusive mother.
She was my favorite pick leading up to the Academy Awards.
During her acceptance speech, Mo’Nique thanked Hattie McDaniel for paving the way for her. McDaniel was the first black actress to win an Oscar for her role in “Gone With The Wind.”
Mo’Nique’s acceptance speech is posted in the rough video clip below. A photo gallery of Mo’Nique at the Academy Awards is posted at the bottom.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients