American Idol's Jennifer Hudson to portray Winnie Mandela in movie
Season three ”American Idol” contestant Jennifer Hudson has proven herself to be a talented actress. She has an Oscar trophy from her “Dreamgirls” role to prove it.
Now, the singer/actress is preparing for an even deeper role. According to Variety, Hudson will portray Winnie Mandela in an upcoming film titled “Winnie.”
Winnie Mandela is a controversial South African politician, and the former wife of Nelson Mandela, the first black president of South Africa.
Shooting on the film will begin in late May.
Since placing seventh on “American Idol” in 2004, Hudson has four movies under her belt. They are “Dreamgirls,” “Sex and the City,” “Winged Creatures” and “The Secret Life of Bees.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients