Sheriff wants Lindsay Lohan charged with battery
Sheriff’s investigators want Lindsay Lohan charged with battery for last month’s skirmish with a Betty Ford Center rehabilitation technician.
A two-week investigation shows Lohan violated her probation during the Dec. 12 altercation and details will be sent to the Los Angeles County Probation Department this week, Riverside sheriff’s Sgt. Joe Borja said in a news release.
A Beverly Hills judge has said Lohan will be jailed if she violates probation.
Investigators expect to take their case to the Riverside County district attorney’s office this week for possible prosecution, Borja said.
Lohan returned to the Palm Desert drug dependency center after curfew and refused rehab worker Dawn Holland’s request to take a Breathalyzer test. Lohan is accused of pushing Holland, who then dialed 911, and Lohan ripped the phone away and injured Holland’s wrist.
Lohan was scheduled to get out of rehab Monday, but there were conflicting reports about whether the 24-year-old actress was released, the latest bout of uncertainty for her.
TMZ reported that Lohan was still taking sobriety classes at the center and would come back to Los Angeles on Tuesday, though E! insisted that she had departed the facility, citing Lohan’s mother, Dina, who called it “a great day.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5362Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 3318Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients