Will Britney Spears' 'Hold It Against Me' live up to her past albums?
Forget about the trash-talking battle between Britney Spears supporters and Lady Gaga’s Little Monsters about which diva will rule 2011. And, for the moment, disregard the fact that when Britney drops her latest single, “Hold It Against Me,” on Tuesday, she’ll have some stiff chart competition in the form of another new single from a pair of major dudes, Kanye West and Jay-Z’s cryptically named “H.A.M.,” the first single from their upcoming joint album, Watch the Throne.
The real question is: Will Britney be able to live up to her past glory? The club-thumping “Against Me” comes out after the former teen pop star cemented a career comeback in 2008 with her Circus album and its ensuing smash world tour. But a look at Brit’s success on the singles chart with the first single from her album is a lesson in the ups and downs of a pop star’s career arc.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients