Did Beyonce sing the National Anthem or not?
Though nobody from Beyonce’s camp has provided comment, gossip sites are abuzz with the question of whether or not Beyonce sang the National Anthem live at Monday’s inaugural ceremony.
Kristin duBois, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Marine Band on Tuesday told news outlets that the performance had been prerecorded because Beyonce wasn’t going to be able to rehearse with the Marine Band.
“We did prerecord it and it was Beyonce’s decision at the last minute to go with the prerecorded version,” the spokeswoman said. “We prerecorded all music as a matter of course and have done since time immemorial,” she said. “This is our 54th inauguration. There is no question of there not being any music – it’s not because the performer cannot do it.”
Hours after the initial statement from duBois, Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Gregory Wolf backtracked, saying that the band used a prerecorded track and that
“no one in the Marine Band is in a position to assess whether it was live or pre-recorded.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients